It is time for Kindergarten and Pre-K roundup to begin! Early enrollment dates are March 4 – April 10, for students wishing to attend in the 2020-21 school year. Our enrollment is completely online at using the Ascender Parent Portal. Here you will click on New Student Enrollment and create an account. Please either bring the required enrollment documentation (listed below) to the school or upload them with the online enrollment. If you do not have access to the internet you are welcome to use one of our computers in the computer lab located at the High School. Currently enrolled PK and KG students DO NOT have to re-enroll for the next school year. Please note: Early registration does not assure your child a spot in PK. In order to ensure the safety of the children and the quality of their education we will only be able to accept a certain number.
The following conditions must be met for your student to enroll in the district:
- Your child must be 3 or 4 years of age on or before September 1, 2020 and completely potty trained before the first day of school. We currently do not accept transfers in PK. One possible exception to this is if the child has an older sibling enrolled at MGISD.
And meet one or more of the following requirements to qualify without paying a tuition fee.
- Qualify for the Free/Reduced Breakfast/Lunch Program. This means your household income must fall within a range established by the state.
- Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language.
- Be homeless.
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces or reserved component of the armed forces.
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces who was injured or killed while serving in active duty.
- The child has ever been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing.
- Require special services such as special education or speech.
Pre-K students who do not meet the above requirements may enroll in the district for a tuition fee of $600 per nine week grading period. Failure to pay by the first day of each nine week period will result in un-enrollment.
- Your child must be 5 years of age on or before Sept. 1, 2020. No tuition is due.
At the time of enrollment for Pre-K or Kindergarten classes, all new enrollees will be required to provide copies of the following documents:
- The student’s Birth Certificate (to order a birth certificate you may do so online at Texas.gov)
- The student’s Social Security Card
- The student’s most current Immunization Record
- The Enrolling Person’s Driver’s License
- Proof of Residence such as a utility bill or tax statement
We look forward to having your child attend classes in the upcoming school year!